Skip to main content

Three Issues and Reconciliation

During the last week or so, there has been three issues and concerns going on that involved me directly or indirectly. One at my old church, one in a Christian Chat room that I help moderate, and one at my current church.

The one at my current church was not anything major at all, but there is always a concern when you have to approach somebody about something, that they may get their feelings hurt. In this case it involved moving the women's bible study to a different location so that the woman's toddler son will not be a distraction at their home where they have been having it. If you read this, thank you for understanding, and praise the Lord!

The second one involving the Christian Chat room that I help moderate has been a big concern. I don't know all of the details, but at least some of it has to do with the credo-paedo baptist issue. One of the moderators takes a strong position on the historic baptist position, and there was a misunderstanding of some sort that it was the official position of the Chat Room. The owner of the room had to make a hard decision, and feelings were hurt. I realize that there is probably more to this, but what a blessing to see that reconciliation has begun between the owner of the room and the moderator in question. I hope and pray that more reconciliation and healing for everyone that has participated in the chat room takes place.

The last one involves my former Asst. Pastor turned Pastor of my old church. Without going into too much detail, it involved the process of my leaving that church to pastor this church. It ended up involving my oldest daughter who still lives down there in south Florida, who has also recently left that church because of this and others things. Suffice it to say, that it is not easy for a pastor to leave one church for another, especially as it relates to what should be said to whom, and when. This is something that by the grace of God I hope I never will go through again, amen church family? :-). Anyway, praise the Lord that reconciliation has begun between he and I. He left me a message on the AOL IM yesterday, and we Instant Messaged this evening. It is my hope and prayer that the Lord will continue to work in his life, as well as mine, and bless our churches according to His good pleasure.

What a wonderful blessing from the Lord that these 3 issues were/are being taken care of by our sovereign Lord during the end of the last week of Jesus' earthly ministry when He suffered, bled, died, and rose again to appease the wrath of the Father and pay the penalty of sins of those the Father gave to Him. Praise His holy Name!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Issues I Have Been Associated With Recently

The King James Only Controversy : I have been in 3 churches since the Lord was pleased to save me, the last 2 of them as a pastor. The first church was when I was not a pastor, but did teach Sunday School, and preached occasionally. It was a church that used the KJV of the bible, but neither I or the pastor was hardcore KJV Only. The second church was the first church I pastored. For the sake of some long time members in that small church, I used the King James version for sermons, but after I was there a year or two, I began using the NKJV for Scripture Readings. My third church, which is the one I'm pastoring now in Idaho, does not use the KJV. We offically use the NASB for our sermons, and the ESV many times when quoting other scriptures. I know some of my long time Christian friends from Maryland are KJV Only. I am not. I think it is an issue that we can agree to disagree on, but it seems there may be some that cannot. In the not so distant future, I'll post on the Blog why

Christian Discussions and Chem-Trails

What a title, huh? I just didn't want to post these separately :-). This morning as we were sending off our daughter, son-in-law, and grandchildren, there was a Chem-Trail right over us in the sky. Have you heard of Chem-Trails? They are chemicals being put in the sky to supposedly help with so called global warming  :-). Sadly, too many people still think this is a conspiracy theory. For those that do, I recommend you just put that in a search engine and see what comes up and just start reading. They come from the exhaust of commercial airliners, but they are not the same as "contrails." Contrails dissipate and follow the plane. Chem-trails stick around. They have certain chemicals in them (Aluminum and Barium are two of them if I recall correctly) and they just add to the list of toxins that our bodies absorb and endanger our health. If more people would pay attention and communicate with our elected officials at all levels perhaps, we could put a stop to this Lord will

Are Arminian Baptists Legitimate Biblical Churches?

With all the discussion going on about whether Presbyterians are biblical churches because of infant baptism, I would like to ask if we believe that Arminian Baptist churches are legitimate churches? If a Baptist Church, regardless of their affiliation if any, believes in a universal, insufficient atonement by Christ, issuch Baptist Church really a biblical church? And if so, how can we say that it is when it involves the very heart of the gospel in the atonement. Further, how can we say that those Presbyterian churches that believe in a particular, sufficient atonement yet infant baptism are not biblical, yet those that believe in a universal, insufficient atonement yet believers baptism by immersion are biblical churches. Inquiring mind wants to know ;- ). Thanks..... P.S. Still Baptist and thank the Lord for it!