Skip to main content

Update, and the Alamo

Well, we started the week off great as we gathered together to worship the Lord. There were quite a few members and attenders out today, but with it being Mother's Day and an Air Force community, many could have been traveling today. The Lord was pleased to bless us in spite of us once again.

Saturday afternoon, as I relaxed after working at my job outside of the church, I watched the movie The Alamo. I am terrible when it comes to our country's history. I don't know if I just forgot alot of it, or if it is because I was a rebellious teenager during highschool and goofed off too much. I also realize that "Hollywood" has a tendency to change things sometimes to achieve "entertainment value" or because they are trying to re-write history and remove many of the biblical principles that existed.

Anyway, while I didn't like the movie as much as The Patriot about the Revolutionary War, I was still intrigued by the stand that was taken at the Alamo in San Antonio, Texas. It reminded me that we as God's people need to take the same kind of stand for Jesus Christ, and His Word and Gospel. Not just in the sense of taking the stand against the world's ways, other religions, humanism, etc. But also taking a stand against many who profess to be Christians, who profess to believe in [a] Jesus, but are really enemies of the gospel and cross, and are wolves in sheep's clothing. I'm talking about taking a stand for the sufficient, substitutionary, satisfactory sacrifice of our Lord Jesus Christ that accomplished what He purposed to do...save HIS PEOPLE from their sins (Mt. 1:21; Acts 20:28, and more). I'm talking about taking a stand against false churches and groups such as the Roman Catholic Church, Latter day Saints, so called Jehovah's Witnesses, International/Boston Church of Christ, or anyperson or organization that have some or all of a false Christ, false gospel, and believe that good works/personal obedience saves or helps save them. I'm talking about taking a stand against any person, church or organization that believes anything they do merits their salvation and eternity in heaven. In this Ecumentical society we live in, in this day where the gospel is being watered down and compromised, we as God's chosen, called, regenerated and saved people in Christ, need to take a stand more than ever before.

If the movie was accurate, Sam Houston waited for the right time to attack the Mexican General (the general thought he was running) shouting "remember the Alamo" and defeating the General's forces in 18 minutes! Rev. 6:10-11 says: "And
they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth? And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they [were], should be fulfilled." Then beginning with Rev. 19 as well as other passages of Holy Scripture, it says that our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ will come back and destroy the Anti-Christ and his followers and will defeat them swiftly and thoroughly, so that Sam Houston's victory pales in comparison.


Brother and Sisters, let's by the grace of God Almighty continue to fight the fight and take our stand. It one day may mean losing our life (yes even in our country), but we have have a confident hope, that one day Jesus Christ will judge the living and dead at His coming, we will be resurrected, and be with our blessed Lord and King for all eternity. To God Be The Glory, Great Thing He Hath Done [and Will Do).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Issues I Have Been Associated With Recently

The King James Only Controversy : I have been in 3 churches since the Lord was pleased to save me, the last 2 of them as a pastor. The first church was when I was not a pastor, but did teach Sunday School, and preached occasionally. It was a church that used the KJV of the bible, but neither I or the pastor was hardcore KJV Only. The second church was the first church I pastored. For the sake of some long time members in that small church, I used the King James version for sermons, but after I was there a year or two, I began using the NKJV for Scripture Readings. My third church, which is the one I'm pastoring now in Idaho, does not use the KJV. We offically use the NASB for our sermons, and the ESV many times when quoting other scriptures. I know some of my long time Christian friends from Maryland are KJV Only. I am not. I think it is an issue that we can agree to disagree on, but it seems there may be some that cannot. In the not so distant future, I'll post on the Blog why

Christian Discussions and Chem-Trails

What a title, huh? I just didn't want to post these separately :-). This morning as we were sending off our daughter, son-in-law, and grandchildren, there was a Chem-Trail right over us in the sky. Have you heard of Chem-Trails? They are chemicals being put in the sky to supposedly help with so called global warming  :-). Sadly, too many people still think this is a conspiracy theory. For those that do, I recommend you just put that in a search engine and see what comes up and just start reading. They come from the exhaust of commercial airliners, but they are not the same as "contrails." Contrails dissipate and follow the plane. Chem-trails stick around. They have certain chemicals in them (Aluminum and Barium are two of them if I recall correctly) and they just add to the list of toxins that our bodies absorb and endanger our health. If more people would pay attention and communicate with our elected officials at all levels perhaps, we could put a stop to this Lord will

Are Arminian Baptists Legitimate Biblical Churches?

With all the discussion going on about whether Presbyterians are biblical churches because of infant baptism, I would like to ask if we believe that Arminian Baptist churches are legitimate churches? If a Baptist Church, regardless of their affiliation if any, believes in a universal, insufficient atonement by Christ, issuch Baptist Church really a biblical church? And if so, how can we say that it is when it involves the very heart of the gospel in the atonement. Further, how can we say that those Presbyterian churches that believe in a particular, sufficient atonement yet infant baptism are not biblical, yet those that believe in a universal, insufficient atonement yet believers baptism by immersion are biblical churches. Inquiring mind wants to know ;- ). Thanks..... P.S. Still Baptist and thank the Lord for it!