Skip to main content

False Teaching Continues to Abound: Some Concerns By Pastor Bret Lovitz

And most of you that read my Blog know this very well.

Yesterday, I decided to go into a Paltalk Room called The Bible Only so I could keep up with what they are saying. For those of you who don't know, this is one of several rooms that teach falsely that God had judged the "corporate church" and all Christians are to flee from them. They are to be part of fellowships that do not have Pastors, Elders, and Deacons, and just study the bible together. They believe that if a Christian stays in the local church, they are proving that they are not saved. They further believe that the Lord's Supper and Water Baptism are "carnal ordinances." Some things I did observe/hear is that they contradict themselves in several ways. I will mention two of them: 1) They say that if itsn't in the bible then it is didn't happen. So when it comes to whether any of what Jesus is recorded as saying in Mt. 24; Lk. 21; Mk. 13 as coming to pass in 70AD (Temple destruction for example), they say it didn't happen because the word of God itself doesn't say it happened. Yet they will say that God has judged the "church" (Christ's second coming that they believe was/is in judgment. Yes they believe that just happened several years ago and we are in the Tribulation Period) and Christians are to leave them. Further, they spiritualize and take numerous verses of Holy Writ out of context to say that God has judged the "church" and wants His people to leave them; 2) On one hand they believe that God's people were to be part of the church that includes Elders, Pastors, Deacons, Lord's Supper, Water Baptism up until a few years ago, but now "explain away" the verses of Scripture supporting these church offices and ordinances. As you can see, this is serious false teaching that began with the man who founded and owns Family Stations, Inc., Harold Camping. I mentioned in my Blog in October of last year that I listened to him spew this heresy while I was in southern Maryland. They are cultic and heretical. And while they are out there saying that Christians that never leave the church are proving that they are not saved, such judgment may be coming back to them as it is possible that what they are proclaiming is "damnable heresy!"

So we have the following false teachings that uses terms that include the word "regeneration:" Baptismal Regeneration, Decisional Regeneration, Doctrinal Regeneration, and a new term (at least for me) that I'm going to call anti-ecclesiastical regeneration (against church by leaving the church to prove your regenerated). I'm not that good with terms. Maybe there is already one for this out there that is better. Maybe one of my readers can come up with a more appropriate term. But stay away from Family Radio stations, and the E-Bible Fellowship and Bible Only rooms in Paltalk. May the Lord be pleased to convict the hearts of many that are caught up in that false teaching including Harold Camping. May God receive the glory he alone deserves.

Comments

Steve said…
Bret I am glad I am saved by faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. Faith as of a mustard seed or smaller gave me eternal life and was givewn to me by God.

This "stuff" you mentioned happens when we forget the Lord is the Author and finisher of our faith! Steve (canons)

Popular posts from this blog

Issues I Have Been Associated With Recently

The King James Only Controversy : I have been in 3 churches since the Lord was pleased to save me, the last 2 of them as a pastor. The first church was when I was not a pastor, but did teach Sunday School, and preached occasionally. It was a church that used the KJV of the bible, but neither I or the pastor was hardcore KJV Only. The second church was the first church I pastored. For the sake of some long time members in that small church, I used the King James version for sermons, but after I was there a year or two, I began using the NKJV for Scripture Readings. My third church, which is the one I'm pastoring now in Idaho, does not use the KJV. We offically use the NASB for our sermons, and the ESV many times when quoting other scriptures. I know some of my long time Christian friends from Maryland are KJV Only. I am not. I think it is an issue that we can agree to disagree on, but it seems there may be some that cannot. In the not so distant future, I'll post on the Blog why

Christian Discussions and Chem-Trails

What a title, huh? I just didn't want to post these separately :-). This morning as we were sending off our daughter, son-in-law, and grandchildren, there was a Chem-Trail right over us in the sky. Have you heard of Chem-Trails? They are chemicals being put in the sky to supposedly help with so called global warming  :-). Sadly, too many people still think this is a conspiracy theory. For those that do, I recommend you just put that in a search engine and see what comes up and just start reading. They come from the exhaust of commercial airliners, but they are not the same as "contrails." Contrails dissipate and follow the plane. Chem-trails stick around. They have certain chemicals in them (Aluminum and Barium are two of them if I recall correctly) and they just add to the list of toxins that our bodies absorb and endanger our health. If more people would pay attention and communicate with our elected officials at all levels perhaps, we could put a stop to this Lord will

Are Arminian Baptists Legitimate Biblical Churches?

With all the discussion going on about whether Presbyterians are biblical churches because of infant baptism, I would like to ask if we believe that Arminian Baptist churches are legitimate churches? If a Baptist Church, regardless of their affiliation if any, believes in a universal, insufficient atonement by Christ, issuch Baptist Church really a biblical church? And if so, how can we say that it is when it involves the very heart of the gospel in the atonement. Further, how can we say that those Presbyterian churches that believe in a particular, sufficient atonement yet infant baptism are not biblical, yet those that believe in a universal, insufficient atonement yet believers baptism by immersion are biblical churches. Inquiring mind wants to know ;- ). Thanks..... P.S. Still Baptist and thank the Lord for it!