Skip to main content

Oneness Heresy

Today, one of the customers at the bank I also work at came in to do business. He and I have been talking about "biblical issues" about every other time he has come in. He is the pastor of Jesus Name Tabernacle in the same town of where I live and minister. I'm sure those that worship the Lord at our church know the church I am referring to. He has invited me to come out to his church several times and did it again today. However today, he gave more information that he hadn't done previously. Several times he has mentioned that they only baptize in Jesus' name, but ii do believe that there are some churches who do that but are still Trinitarian. Well this pastor and church is not Trinitarian. I know that because he made mention that the Trinity was a creation of the Roman Catholic Church. This is not the first time I have heard this of course, and it is a common error made by Oneness Pentacostals and Watchtower's Jehovah's Witnesses. Now of course, I agree that the Roman Catholic Church has numerous errors, but holding to the Trinity (One God yet three distinct, equal and eternal Persons) is not one of them. Of course the word "Trinity" is not found in the word of God, but the concept is indeed very biblical. Therefore it has been around since Christ ministered on the earth, and not a Roman Catholic Church doctrinal creation. Besides, the Roman Catholic Church that was formed as a result of forced Christianity by Emporer Constantine in the 4th Century, was nothing like it is today. But now, it has been revealed by this Pastor acquaintance that he holds to the heresy of non-trinitarianism, in addition to the false teachings of gibberish tongues and baptizing in Jesus's name. He is a hard man to really talk to who is visibly prideful (something I know we all battle with to some degree off and on) , which doesn't help when I'm in the bank/work setting anyway. But sooner or later, I'm going to have to lay it out to him as the Lord provides opportunity.

"Lord, I know that I'm no better than the pastor of this church I'm referring to. It is only by your wonderful, sovereign grace that you have saved this wretched sinner and revealed the truth of Your Word, including You as the Thrice Holy Triune God. I pray for this man Karl. That you would be pleased to open His eyes to to see his sin for what it is in light of You as our True and Living Triune God, and His need for the Lord Jesus Christ and His sufficient sacrifce and resurrection to pay the penalty of sins of His people. In Christ's name I pray, amen!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Issues I Have Been Associated With Recently

The King James Only Controversy : I have been in 3 churches since the Lord was pleased to save me, the last 2 of them as a pastor. The first church was when I was not a pastor, but did teach Sunday School, and preached occasionally. It was a church that used the KJV of the bible, but neither I or the pastor was hardcore KJV Only. The second church was the first church I pastored. For the sake of some long time members in that small church, I used the King James version for sermons, but after I was there a year or two, I began using the NKJV for Scripture Readings. My third church, which is the one I'm pastoring now in Idaho, does not use the KJV. We offically use the NASB for our sermons, and the ESV many times when quoting other scriptures. I know some of my long time Christian friends from Maryland are KJV Only. I am not. I think it is an issue that we can agree to disagree on, but it seems there may be some that cannot. In the not so distant future, I'll post on the Blog why

Christian Discussions and Chem-Trails

What a title, huh? I just didn't want to post these separately :-). This morning as we were sending off our daughter, son-in-law, and grandchildren, there was a Chem-Trail right over us in the sky. Have you heard of Chem-Trails? They are chemicals being put in the sky to supposedly help with so called global warming  :-). Sadly, too many people still think this is a conspiracy theory. For those that do, I recommend you just put that in a search engine and see what comes up and just start reading. They come from the exhaust of commercial airliners, but they are not the same as "contrails." Contrails dissipate and follow the plane. Chem-trails stick around. They have certain chemicals in them (Aluminum and Barium are two of them if I recall correctly) and they just add to the list of toxins that our bodies absorb and endanger our health. If more people would pay attention and communicate with our elected officials at all levels perhaps, we could put a stop to this Lord will

Are Arminian Baptists Legitimate Biblical Churches?

With all the discussion going on about whether Presbyterians are biblical churches because of infant baptism, I would like to ask if we believe that Arminian Baptist churches are legitimate churches? If a Baptist Church, regardless of their affiliation if any, believes in a universal, insufficient atonement by Christ, issuch Baptist Church really a biblical church? And if so, how can we say that it is when it involves the very heart of the gospel in the atonement. Further, how can we say that those Presbyterian churches that believe in a particular, sufficient atonement yet infant baptism are not biblical, yet those that believe in a universal, insufficient atonement yet believers baptism by immersion are biblical churches. Inquiring mind wants to know ;- ). Thanks..... P.S. Still Baptist and thank the Lord for it!